Sushant Singh Rajput suicide: Actor once fulfilled blind kid’s dream; helped many
First Published 14, Jun 2020, 4:12 PM
Sushant Singh Rajput was a good human being and used to help many thorough donations
Actor Sushant Singh Rajput, after donating Rs 1 crore to the chief minister’s relief fund for flood-hit Kerala in 2018, did another sweet gesture by meeting his young fans.
Sushant visited a school for the blind in between shooting for Kizie Aur Manny to spend time with the kids.
While his philanthropic act of donating Rs 1 crore to the chief minister’s relief fund for flood-hit Kerala on behalf of a fan had won him accolades, there was a story on him allegedly trying to get familiar with his Kizie Manny co-star Sanjana Sanghi. It had put him under an awkward spotlight. Buzz was that the shoot had to be pushed to a later date as the actress felt uncomfortable.
However, a source close to Sushant had dismissed the rumours. “The shooting of Kizie Manny in Jamshedpur and Ranchi never stopped for a bit. It started in June and after our first schedule got over last week, we are shooting the second with Sushant in Mumbai right now. In fact, Sushant has been busy with helping flood-hit Kerala and other things besides his shoot. After visiting the Yogoda Satsanga Society of India, in Ranchi, he was shooting for Kizie Aur Manny at St Paul’s church when Sushant got to know of a school for the blind which was near his set. Someone told him that the kids were eager to meet him.”
The source had said, in between his shots, Sushant would visit the school and share some moments of joy with the kids.
“He interacted with many of them personally, creating beautiful memories for all involved. Not only this, he also took out time to listen to a song performed by a young boy in front of his classmates and teachers. It was a lifelong dream for the boy to sing for Sushant and the performance made the actor emotional. He was so touched that he got up before the song got over and hugged him and the little boy playing the drums beside him” source said.
Today (June 14), is another sad day for Bollywood, after Irrfan Khan and Rishi Kapoor, Sushant is no more. He was found dead at his Bandra residence in Mumbai. He was 34. Police said he committed suicide.
He had marked his debut in Bollywood with 'Kai Po Che!' in 2012 and went on to deliver massive hits like 'PK' and 'Kedarnath'.
His biggest hit till date remains 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story'. On the professional front, Sushant was to be seen in Mukesh Chhabra directed 'Dil Bechara' with Sanjana Sanghi.
Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh, Raj Kundra, Pulkit Samrat and many others took to their respective social media accounts to mourn the death of Sushant.