Kapil Dev is a former captain of Team India. He played a pivotal role in helping India win the 1983 World Cup, which happened to be India's first-ever CWC win. Ranveer Singh is playing the part of the captain in a movie based on the 1983 CWC.
Legendary former Indian skipper, Kapil Dev, is celebrating his 62nd birthday on Wednesday. He helped India win its first-ever World Cup, in 1983, as the side beat the Windies at Lord's.
Naturally, wishes poured in from across the cricketing fraternity. Meanwhile, Bollywood actor, Ranveer Singh took to his Instagram handle to share a special video on the legend's birthday. Here's a look at it:
Ranveer plays the role of Dev in his upcoming movie based on the 9183 World Cup-winning Indian team. The film is titled 83 and would release on January 22, this year.
Here are the others who also wished the legend:
Happy birthday @therealkapildev Paji.. you are the reason for many of us playing this game..Thank you for all the love and support.. wish you a great birthday and Best health going forward 🙏🙏 #KapilDev #birthday pic.twitter.com/jHbO1226Jn— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) January 6, 2021
Also, on this auspicious day, we take a look at some of the records he holds in international cricket:
- He remains the only player to achieve a double-figure by an all-rounder in Test cricket, of 4,000 runs and 400 wickets.
- He has the record of not being run out in 184 Test innings.
- He is the youngest Test cricketer to claim 100 (21 years and 25 days), 200 (24 years) and 300 wickets (27 years and two days) wickets.
- The only captain to have a nine-wicket haul in a Test innings.
- He has the record of scoring the highest (175*) while batting at number six or lower in World Cup history.
- He has also faced the joint-most number of deliveries in ODIs (138), while batting at number six, with the other being Neil McCallum.
Play The virtual Boat Racing Game and challenge yourself Click to Play Now
Last Updated Jan 6, 2021, 3:39 PM IST