Will Bengaluru be pothole-free City in 4 days?

First Published 22, Oct 2017, 6:34 PM IST
Will City be potholes free in 4 days
Highlights
  • There are only 4 days more for the deadline set by the Chief Minister to fill up the potholes in the City.
  • BBMP officials are claiming 80 percent of the work is completed and within 4 days the remaining 20 per cent will be met.
  • An app Fix My Street will be activated which enable the public to lodge complain and it will be attended to within 48 hours.

There are only 4 days more for the deadline set by the Chief Minister to fill up the potholes in the City. Can BBMP complete the task within the stipulated time? Work is going on a war footing but the number of potholes and the speed are not matching, reported Kannada Prabha.

While the public is saying it is impossible BBMP officials are claiming 80 percent of the work is completed and within 4 days the remaining 20 per cent will be met. After the deadline, an app Fix My Street will be activated which enable the public to lodge complain and it will be attended to within 48 hours says BBMP officials.  Public have to click the photo of the pothole and upload and give the location and BBMP will attend to it immediately.

BBMP officials say they are having problems in filling up the potholes also as some of the potholes filled up by wet mix and cold mix are coming off due to wetness in the ground. That was noticed at Mysuru Road, nayandahalli, Rajarajeshwari Nagara, Kengeri, Mejestic and other areas. Now that it has topped raining, repairs can be taken up at war footing.

Mayor sampat Raj had expressed his helplessness in repairing the potholes due to rain and has said 15 days of dry days are required. Now that it has stopped raining BBMP should keep its promise.  Minister K J George, BBMP commissioner Manjunath Prasad and Mayor Sampath raj are touring the city at nights to check on the works.  

Starting from Chalukya Circle they toured Windsor Manor Bridge, Gangenahallui, Hebbal Flyover, New Bel Road and other areas. Minister George has assured good roads in 5 months’ time. He also assured to lay new roads where the damage is irreparable.  The State Government has sanctioned Rs 3000 crores and any contractor or officer showing laxity in implementing orders will be subjected to stringent action, he said. 

 

 

loader