- Tumakuru SP Divya Gopinathalleged of using a PSI and government vehicle to take her mother, daughter to temple
- Earlier this year in March there was a debate on using police personnel as home orderlies
- It was said that there were 1,239 police staff working as home orderlies
- SP Divya has been criticised for using the government facilities for personal reasons
A women police officer in Tumakuru has been alleged of using two of the police staff for personal work has sparked a debate in Karnataka.
The photos and videos of Tumakuru Superintendent of Police, Divya Gopinath using a PSI and government vehicle for her personal use is making the rounds in social media.
SP Divya had sent her mother and daughter to Goravanahalli Mahalakshmi Temple in the government vehicle accompanied by Koratagere PSI Manjunath and two constables.
This issue has sparked a debate as using police personnel for personal works by the officers and ministers is not a new phenomenon. In the name of home orderlies, the police personnel are also used for works including as cooks, gardeners and dhobis too.
When the issue of using police as orderlies broke in March this year, the Karnataka Information Commission took serious objection to the violation of government order, with regard to the abolition of the home orderly system in the police department. It was found that several high ranking officials, including DGP R K Dutta, Minister K J George and others are continuing to procure the services of orderlies, mostly by oral orders. Currently, there are 1239 home orderlies serving in various high ranking officials.
The Information Commission had asked the Police Department to submit information about cadets in KSRP and IRB battalion working as orderlies, but the department failed to provide information of the same. Taking serious objection to this neglect, KIC Commissioner L Krishnamurthy has issued orders to Additional Chief Secretary P K Gurg, to submit within a month, an implementation report of the Government Order issued on March 8, 2017, in this regard.
Even after debates, warnings and notices, it is surely wrong on the part of SP Divya to use government vehicle and personnel for her personal works.
According to the earlier reports, as per allegations, these 15 officers were said to be using the police personnel as home orderlies.
1. K J George, Urban Development Minister - T M Chikkanna - Orderly
2. R K Dutta, DIG - 5 orderlies deputed - Anjan Murthy, Munisiddappa, Kumar, Srinivas, Chikkaswamy.
3. Dr P Ravindranatha, ADGP, - Sriramulu, Rajashekhara, 2 orderlies.
4. Pratapa Reddy, ADGP - COD, - Srinivas, S Manjunath - 2 orderlies.
5. Sunil Kumar, ADGP, MD, Housing Board, - S F Kadar, C Gangadhara, 2 orderlies.
6. Kamal Panth, ADGP, Administration - K R Mahadevaiah, orderly.
7. H N Satyanarayana Rao, ADGP- Prison,- C S Subramaniyan, orderly.
8. M N Reddy, DGP, Home Guards, - Ravikumar, orderly.
9. Malini Krishnamurthy, Additional Commissioner, - M Muniyappa, J Nityananda, 2 orderlies.
10. Arun Chakravarthi, JGP-ISD, - T Chikka Nanjegowda, H Suresh, 2 orderlies.
11. Charan Reddy, IGP, SIT, K Hanumantharayappa, M Niranjan, 2 orderlies.
12. Subrahmanyeswara Rao, Police Commissioner, Mysore, - M P Maruti, orderly.
13. Hemanth Nimbalkar, IGP, Additional CP, East - name not available.
14. Ajay Hilori, DCP, Bengaluru East, - Mallayya, orderly.
15. BNS Reddy, IGP, KSRTC Bengaluru, - S Y Ravikumar, orderly.
Play The virtual Boat Racing Game and challenge yourself Click to Play Now
Last Updated Mar 31, 2018, 6:33 PM IST