In Fattu Naik Tanda of Chincholi taluk, Kalaburagi district, four young children died due to kerosene stove burst on Monday. The deceased are Ritesh Lokanath (4), his sister Ritika Lokanath (3), Preetham Santhosh (4) and Akshata Venkatesh (4) reports Kannada Prabha.
While Preetham and Ritika died on the spot, Ritesh and Akshta died on the way to the hospital. The four children were playing near the hotel owned by one Veerashetty. They then decided to buy Bajji. They came to the hotel. The owner had gone somewhere and the children sat waiting watching TV. Suddenly, the kerosene stove burst and the hotel caught fire. Two children died on the spot and the other died on their way to the hospital.
The owner of the hotel Veerashetty (40) was so disturbed by the incident that he tried to commit suicide. He has been rushed to a hospital at Humnabad.