- Very strong opinions expressed against the Veerashaiva mutt seers at Chitradurga seminar.
- Even a warning was issued to them saying ‘if you are not joining us, vacate the mutts’.
- M B Patil, Vinay Kulkarni and Horatti expressed their thoughts about Veerashaiva mutt seers in uncompromising terms.
- Veerashaiva Mahasabha has already been informed that if they do not join us then we will form Lingayat Maha Sabha.
- Before BJP questioning us, let Amit Shah first give up his Jain identity and join Hindu religion, said Patil.
A seminar on Constitutional recognition to Lingayat as an independent religion was held at Chitradurga saw very strong opinions expressed against the Veerashaiva mutt seers. Even a warning was issued to them saying "If you are not joining us, vacate the mutts," reported Kannada Prabha.
The seminar once again gave a call to fight for Constitutional recognition to Lingayat as an independent religion. Ministers MB Patil, Vinay Kulkarni and former minister Basavaraja Horatti expressed their thoughts about Veerashaiva mutt seers in uncompromising terms. “Around 90 percent of the society is with us. We can’t have your false prestige. Either you join us or go your way,” they said.
We will not indulge in party-based politics but will only resort to Lingayat religion politics. We are ready to sacrifice anything for it. If Veerashaivas get angry at us and defeat us in the next elections, we are ready for it. We are determined for social progress and are ready for everything, they said.
Basavaraja Horatti said those who have displayed Basavanna’s photos so far should come forward and join them. The Virakta Swamys have small differences which can be sorted and the issue need not be escalated. Veerashaiva Mahasabha has already been informed. If they do not join us then we will form Lingayat Maha Sabha.
Minister Vinay Kulkarni said the appeal to the Central Government for Veerashaiva – Lingayat has been rejected thrice. Now, Supreme Court’s 18 rulings are on our side. We will definitely get status of an independent religion.
Minister MB Patil said Veerashaiva Mahasabha has to call a meeting and take a decision by October 15. If not, we will announce our next step. BJP is projecting that going out of Hindu religion will be a problem. Does BJP have any problem with Amit Shah who is a Jain, he asked. Before questioning us, let Amit Shah give up his Jain identity and join the Hindu religion, he said.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:32 PM IST