Birthday boys drink Cyanide-mixed water by mistake, die

First Published 29, Sep 2017, 4:29 PM IST
Birthday boy and friend die after drinking Cyanide mixed water mistaking for cool drink
Highlights
  • In a tragic incident a birthday boy and his friend, both 9 years old,  drank Cyanide mixed water, thinking it to be cool drink and died.
  • Boy's father had mixed 25 per cent cyanide in 1 litre water and melted silver for polishing silver items in a cool drink bottle.
  • On seeing both boys sick she immediately took them to the hospital with the help of neighbours. 
  • Aryan died on the way and Shahil died at the hospital.

In a tragic incident a birthday boy and his friend, both 9 years old,  drank Cyanide mixed water, thinking it to be cool drink and died at Keelari Road, near City market, reported Kannada Prabha.

It was the birthday of Shahil, son of Shankar and Sunitha. A small party was organised at his house with his friends. Aryan Singh, son of Sanjay Singh and Anju Singh also attended the party. After cutting the cake Shahil and Aryan were playing and went to sixth floor. Shankar had kept a liquid for polishing silver items in a cool drink bottle. They thought it was Sprite and drank it.  

They both started vomiting. Shankar had gone out on work and Sunitha was distributing sweets to children. On seeing both boys sick she immediately took them to the hospital with the help of neighbours. Aryan died on the way and Shahil died at the hospital.

Shankar works as a goldsmith and polishes gold and silver articles. They live in fifth floor and his workplace is in the sixth floor, where he had kept the liquid. Both the families were friends for two years.  Their children studied in the same school.

Shankar had mixed 25 per cent cyanide in 1 litre water and melted silver in a bottle. It is used for polishing silver articles, said the police.

 

 

 

loader