A massive fire broke out at a slum in ward no. 32 of Kolkata Municipality. However, no causalities were reported. The fire brigade reached the spot to extinguish the fire.

On the morning of November 7, a terrible fire broke out at the Chagalpatti slum of Narkeldanga in Kolkata. 50 huts were burnt to ashes. According to locals, a transformer in the area exploded at around 5 in the morning. 

Also read: Railways to extend validity of old monthly tickets in West Bengal

As soon as the transformer busted, the fire spread in the entire slum area. All the huts started burning in the fire. Dense black smoke was gusting up in the sky. Many people had gathered essential commodities at home during the lockdown. Some even bought things for their children but everything was burnt.

The fire brigade reached the spot as soon as they got the information. Although the fire was brought under control, 50 huts were already burnt. Another slum in Kolkata caught fire soon after the incident.