T20 World Cup 2021, India vs Pakistan: Records galore as Pakistan scripts historic win
India suffered tough luck as it was romped by Pakistan by ten wickets in the Super 12 stage of the ICC T20 World Cup 2021 in Dubai. As a result, quite a few records were scripted.
It was a historic win for Pakistan. On Sunday, it frolicked arch-rival India by ten wickets in Group 2's Super 12 stage of the ICC T20 World Cup at the Dubai International Stadium. With this, Pakistan has broken its World Cup jinx against the side, while it also raked up quite a few records due to this win, as we present it all.
Virat Kohli scripts a couple
- Kohli played a crucial knock of 57, while it was his 10th half-century in the tournament. As a result, he has now scored the most 50s in the competition, going past Chris Gayle (9).
- Also, he has become the highest run-scorer against the side in the tournament (226), besides being the fourth overall. The list is led by Gayle (274 against Australia).
Rohit Sharma disappoints
- It was the third time Rohit was dismissed for a golden duck in the format, with the previous ones coming against South Africa (2018) and Australia (2012).
- He is also the fifth Indian in the tournament to get out on the same after Dinesh Karthik, Murali Vijay, Ashish Nehra, and Suresh Raina.
Pakistan scripts quite a few with historic win
- With this win, Pakistan has become the fourth nation to win by ten wickets in the competition after Australia, South Africa and Oman.
- Also, it was Pakistan's first win in the format by ten wickets, while India lost its first by a similar margin.
Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan nail it
- Also, the 152-run opening stand by Rizwan and Azam is the most by a pair against India in the format, going past David Warner and Shane Watson's 133.
- The pair has also scripted the most 50-plus stands for the side in the format (7), going past Azam-Hafeez and Malik-Umar Akmal's six.
- The pair has also produced the joint-most 100-run stands in the format, along with Shikhar Dhawan-Rohit and Kane Williamson-Martin Guptill.
- They are also the second pair to score a 100-run partnership against India in the competition after Warner-Watson (twice).
- Also, the same goes for the pair for scoring 50-plus individually against India in the tournament, as above.
- It is the joint second-highest stand in the competition after Mahela Jayawardene-Kumar Sangakkara's 166.