- Ilaiyaraaja has composed music for 1,000 films and over 8,000 songs.
- Ilayaraja has left his imprint on not just Tamil but in Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and Malayalam languages.
Ilayaraja, also spelt as Ilaiyaraaja, is turning a year older on Friday, June 2, as he celebrates his 73rd birthday.
The Music Maestro started his career with Annakili in the year 1976. He has since then composed the music for 1,000 films and over 8,000 songs. Ilayaraja has left his imprint on not just Tamil but in Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and Malayalam languages. Here we have selected his top 10 Malayalam songs for you guys.
1) Vezhambal Kezhum from Olangal
The lyrics was writen by ONV Kurup, music by Ilayaraja and the singers are KJ Yesudas, S Janaki
2) Thumbi Vaa Thumbakudathin from Olangal.
Lyrics by ONV Kurup, music by Ilayaraja and singer S Janaki
3) Kuliradunnu Maanathu from Olangal
Music is by Ilayaraja, lyrics ONV Kurup and singer S.Janaki
4) Kiliye kiliye from Aa Rathri
Lyrics by Poovachal Khader, music by Ilayaraja and singers S Janaki
5) Aalippazham perukkaan from My Dear Kuttichathan
Music by Ilaiyaraaja, lyrics by Kaithapram and singer S. Janaki, S. P. Sailaja
6) Aattirambile Kombile from Kaalapani
Music by Ilaiyaraaja, lyrics by Gireesh Puthenchery, singers are M. G. Sreekumar, K. S. Chith
7) Thannannam Thaanannam Thaalathilaadi from Yathra
Lyrics by ONV Kurup, sung by K J Yesudas, Ambili and music by Ilaiyaraaja
8) Kakkala Kannamma from Oru Yathramozhi
Lyrics by Gireesh Puthenchery, music: Ilaiyaraaja, singers: S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, M. G. Sreekumar
9) Devasangeetham Neeyalle from Guru
Lyrics by S.Ramesan Nair, music by Ilayaraja, singers by K.J.Yesudas and Radhika Thilak
10) Marakkudayal Mugham Marakkum from Manassinakkare
Music by Ilaiyaraaja, lyrics Gireesh Puthenchery and sung by M G Sreekumar
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:07 PM