- Bollywood actor Sonam Kapoor is all set to exchange the wedding vows with longtime beau Anand Ahuja on May 8 in Mumbai.
- The Kapoor and Ahuja families have confirmed the news and has sent out a joint statement.
Bollywood actor Sonam Kapoor is all set to exchange the wedding vows with longtime beau Anand Ahuja on May 8 in Mumbai. The Kapoor and Ahuja families have confirmed the news and has sent out a joint statement in this regard, which reads: "The Kapoor & Ahuja families, take great joy and pride, in announcing the marriage of Sonam and Anand. The wedding will take place on May 8 in Mumbai. Since it is an intimate affair, we request you to respect the family's need for privacy. Thank you for all your blessings and love, as we celebrate this special moment in our lives."
Wedding preparations are in full swing as Kapoor's bungalow is being decorated with lighting.
Sonam, 32, has been dating the Delhi-based fashion entrepreneur since past few years. Both of them have been spotted together on several occasions but they never confirmed anything officially.
Anand accompanied Sonam to last year's National Film Awards making their relationship official when the actor received a special mention for her performance in "Neerja".
With only a week to go for the wedding, we are down to the wire. Celebrations have begun! While we count the days for Sonam and Anand’s big fat wedding, let us give you all the details you need to know before the big day!
1) Wedding Venue: The wedding will be at Sonam Kapoor’s aunt – Kavita Singh’s posh mansion. According to reports, it is believed to be a heritage bungalow with the view of the Ocean. The wedding is expected to be an intimate affair attended by very close family and friends.
2) Mehendi, Sangeet, Reception: According to reports, Mehendi will take place at her Kavita Singh’s residence, the same venue as the wedding. Filmmaker Karan Johar will be performing to Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. Farah Khan is choreographing the number. Cousin sister Janhvi Kapoor will be performing to Sridevi’s songs Mere Haaton Main Nau Nau Chudiyaan hain and Kisi Ke Haath Naa Aayegi Yeh Ladki. Actor Arjun Kapoor, who is also Sonam's cousin, will be performing with his best friend, actor Ranveer Singh on Anil Kapoor's hit song My Name Is Lakhan.
Sonam's Sangeet will be one big grand affair, practice sessions have already begun with Farah. The reception will take place in a plush five-star hotel.
3) The invitation card: The couple had decided on making e-invites because they believe in conservation of the environment. They believe that wedding cards mean a lot of waste of paper. Hence they have asked their families not to print any invitation cards.
4) Attire: According to reports, fashion designer Anamika Khanna will be designing Sonam Kapoor's outfit for the wedding.
5) No destination wedding: The couple had decided to ditch destination wedding because of Sonam’s grandmother.
According to reports, the initial plan was to have a destination wedding but it’s because of Sonam’s grandma that they decided to change the venue and keep it in Mumbai. Sonam’s grandmother can’t travel that far and the family apparently felt the complete family should be present as it is more important than the destination.
Sonam will next be seen in"Veere Di Wedding" alongside Kareena Kapoor Khan, Swara Bhasker and Shikha Talsania. The film is set to release on June 1.
(Inputs from PTI)
Last Updated 2, May 2018, 2:46 PM IST