Fans are whistling in joy for Tamil star Vijay and director Atlee have treated them this Diwali with a 2.42 minute trailer. Vijay’s flicks usually showcase 1 to 1.20 minute teasers. Bigil trailer has already garnered over 4 million likes from the time it surfaced on social media at 6 pm on October 12.
Chennai: It’s been a long wait and finally Tamil superstar Vijay’s fans are overjoyed with their Diwali bonanza - Bigil trailer.
The trailer of Bigil starring Vijay (fondly known as Thalapathy) surfaced on social media at 6 pm on October 12. The raging desire (Verithanam) of fans is seen in the number of likes the trailer has garnered on YouTube already. And Verithanam is one of the songs in the movie, sung by Thalapathy himself.
Watch the trailer here:
Bigil trailer review: Verithanam moments
1. Vijay is always known to pack in some punches with his trademark dialogues. Well, what’s ironic is that Thalapathy started out as a romantic hero in the initial days of his career with films such as Kadhaliku Mariyadhai, Priyamanavale, etc. Bigil trailer has a scene that refers to how Vijay has transformed into an action hero in the recent years. And the dialogue is delivered by the female lead of the movie, Nayanthara.
2. Bigil has traces of Mersal. After all, this is the third movie of Vijay that is directed by Atlee. The scene that showcases an older Vijay with a dhoti (the character is called Rayappan), the scene in which he lifts his dhoti up and folds it, and the scene where he says ‘Senjidalaama’ (meaning let’s finish them) and alights from the car, remind you of Vijay in a similar avatar in Mersal.
3. Is Vijay a thug or a football coach? The question is posted in the trailer by one of the characters. And that seems to set the plot of the film. Another question is whether Vijay plays a triple role for three names figure in the trailer - Bigil, Michael and Rayappan. Perhaps Bigil has a past and may be Michael remains to be seen.
4. Atlee apparently went location hunting to find an opulent football stadium, but was unsuccessful. Atlee decided to go in for CG and set to create that grand image onscreen. “Indha oru vilayaatu aala nambaloda adayaalame maara poridhu (with this game, our destiny and identity will change),” is a dialogue delivered by Rayappan, played by Vijay. This establishes the fact that football forms the crux of the story.
5. While it’s a known fact that the movie revolves around women’s football, music composer AR Rahman’s background score during the football scenes in the second half of the trailer captures this spirit, which does give a high. However, the footballer Vijay sporting jersey number 5 doesn’t quite look perfect. Something about the shot from the back and his hair look out of place.
6. The two dialogues that steal the show are: “Football elaam theriyaadhu, anaa enga aatam Verithanam ah irukkum (I don’t know to play football, but my game is one that packs in thrilling rage),” and the the other is when Vijay at the end of the trailer sings ‘Ek, do, teen’ from the Hindi movie Tezaab. The trailer ends with a Diwali wish. However it fails to announce the official release date.
Last Updated 12, Oct 2019, 9:23 PM