- Shruti Haasan was in Cannes to represent Sangamithra, in fact, she made the maximum headlines from the team, all thanks to her Cannes outfits.
- Since Shruti is out of the film, the filmmakers of Sangamithra would be looking for viable replacements.
- The movie, directed by Sundar C, was one of the few high-priced movies announced after the success of Baahubali films.
On 29th May, Shruti Haasan walked out of the mega-budget Sangamithra. The movie, directed by Sundar C, was one of the few high-priced movie announced after the success of Baahubali films.
Last week, Sangamithra was in the news when the team, involving the director, his wife and actress Khusboo Sundar, music director AR Rahman, and Tamil actor Jayam Ravi and Arya, had been to Cannes Film Festival where they revealed the concept art of the movie.
Shruti Haasan was also there in Cannes to represent Sangamithra. In fact, she made the maximum headlines from the team, all thanks to her Cannes outfits. Sadly, the actress walked out of the project, leaving the makers in a fix. Here’s what Shruti's official statement stated, "Shruti has, unfortunately, had to take a call not to be part of 'Sangamithra'. Knowing it was a massive undertaking and a long commitment spanning over two years, she knew the importance of her training, a comprehensive script and proper date calendar." The actress had already started combat training for her role of a warrior princess in the movie.
"Despite her enthusiasm and commitment to 'Sangamithra', she has had to give the film a miss since she had not received a proper bound script nor a proper date calendar."
In a recent interview with PTI, the actress had said her role in Sangamithra was going to be "physically very demanding for me. It is challenging, something that I have never done before. It is a fantasy epic film and it has a lot of layers."
Since Shruti is out of the film, the filmmakers of Sangamithra would be looking at viable replacements for her; so here we have five actresses who can play the role of a warrior princess.
1) Anushka Shetty: After movies like Baahubali 2, Rudhramadevi and Arundhati we want Anushka to see more of her in such roles. She was also really good in Baahubali 2 as Devasena.
2) Tamanaah Bhatia: We all saw her in both the Baahubali movies, and she can fit the role very well. In the first part of Baahubali, we have seen her showing her fighting skills and giving powerful dialogues.
3) Deepika Padukone: We have seen her in Bajirao Mastani and Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela where she had shown us her rocking performance. Currently, she is busy shooting for Padmavati, where Deepika is playing the title role as Rani Padmini, alongside Shahid Kapoor and Ranveer Singh.
4) Nayanthara: She is currently the most bankable actress in Kollywood, a female lead who can carry a movie on her shoulders. We are sure she can easily do the role of the female warrior. Remember her looks in Kaashmora as Rathna Mahadevi.
5) Aishwarya Rai: This actress has shown her acting skills in many Tamil films. Aish has also played many powerful roles in films like Jodhaa Akbar, Raavanan, Umrao Jaan, Chokher Bali, Devdas, etc. We are sure that she can portray the role of the elder daughter of Emperor Ashoka.
So who do you want to replace Shruti Haasan in Sangamithra? Comment below.
(With inputs from PTI)
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:49 PM IST