Here's your guide to JEE (Main)-2021
First Published Dec 17, 2020, 9:06 AM IST
Dates of the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2021 were announced yesterday by Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal. Here's a lowdown on all that you need to know about the exam.
* JEE (Main) Examination-2021 will be conducted in four sessions in the month of February, March, April and May 2021. The first session of JEE (Main) 2021 will be held from February 23-26, 2021.
* A candidate need not appear in all the four sessions. However, if a candidate appears in more than one session then his/her best of the 2021 NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.
* Question paper will contain 90 questions, in which the candidate will have to attempt a total of 75 questions. The choice will be given in Section B (numerical), which will not have any negative marking.
* Conducting JEE (Main) Examination-2021 in four sessions will give multiple opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not able to give their best in one attempt.
* In case a candidate has Board Examination in a particular month, or is unable to appear due to COVID-19, the candidate can choose a different month to take the JEE (Main)-2021.
* For the first time ever, JEE (Main) Examination-2021 will be conducted in 13 languages -- Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Hindi, English and Gujarati.
* Joint Entrance Examination comprises of two papers. Paper 1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B. Tech) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded / recognized by participating state governments, as well as an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs.
How many players do you prefer playing with?