- The actor, wife of producer Boney Kapoor, died late on Saturday night reportedly due to cardiac arrest in Dubai, where she had gone along with her family to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah's wedding.
- In an impressive career, spanning five decades, the actor ruled the commercial cinema space in the '80s and '90s like no heroine had done before.
Those expressive eyes and the mischievous smile sent millions of hearts quivering with delight, while she lit up the cinema screens, making Sridevi, Bollywood's first female superstar. The actress' sudden death at the age of 54 in Dubai due to cardiac arrest last night has left family and fans in shock and grief. This 'Chandni' left the world too soon.
The actor, wife of producer Boney Kapoor, died late on Saturday night reportedly due to cardiac arrest in Dubai, where she had gone along with her family to attend her nephew Mohit Marwah's wedding.
In an impressive career, spanning five decades, the actor ruled the commercial cinema space in the '80s and '90s like no heroine had done before.
So what was the reason for her sudden demise?
It is no longer a hidden fact that Sridevi had allegedly undergone many cosmetic surgeries like facial enhancement, facelifts, botox etc, just to look younger. Reports say that she recently went through a lip enhancement procedure and that it went horribly wrong. Sridevi also allegedly had some facial fixations in the past and was even accused of going under the knife to get a nose job done in the '90s.
According to doctors, actresses' crash diets to aim for a size zero' figure and unnecessary cosmetic surgery, can result in significant health risks.
A report published on a website named PatientSafe Network mentioned that many patients die from cosmetic surgery in several ways.
1) Toxic doses of local anaesthetic are administered, which cause cardiac arrest.
2) Several people die or get debilitated because of tissue damage, infections and physiological stress from the cosmetic surgery done to them.
3) A few people commit suicide because of disfigurement, tremendous pain, and emotional trauma.
4) Particles, silicone, prosthetic filler can enter the blood system and block the circulation causing cardiac arrest.
Dr. Wallace Goodstein, who worked with pop singer Michael Jackson’s surgeon in the 1990s told popular US magazine People in 2009, “Michael came in roughly every two months. It was about 10 to 12 surgeries in two years, while I was there.” The surgeon also opined that the singer underwent operations he never should have had: “He had so many things that were inappropriate.” Jackson reportedly underwent surgeries like nose jobs, cheek implants, cleft in his chin, etc, which are quite risky.
The sudden death of the diva may raise some questions like are we are willing to pay for artificial beauty at the cost of our health?
However, some doctors in Bengaluru say that Sridevi's death may have no link with the above cosmetic surgeries that she might have undergone.
One also has to remember that Bollywood actress Sridevi, while celebrating her 54th birthday last year, was seen drunk and spotted giving flying kisses in public. The same doctors say that drinking can definitely cause the same symptoms leading to death as what was suffered by Sridevi in Dubai
(Inputs from PTI)
Last Updated 4, Apr 2018, 7:11 PM IST