Ever wondered how to speed up your torrent download speed? Here are a few tips and tricks to boost your torrent download speed, when there are very few seeders or if your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is trying to throttle your connection speeds:
1. Check the number of seeds for the torrent file you want to download. Pick the one which features the most number of seeds for a particular file to get the fastest download speed.
2. If the number of seeds is less than 10 and you are not getting the expected download speed for your connection, just try adding the latest trackers from the working list. Here is what you should do:
- Just right-click on the torrent file in utorrent and choose properties.
- Select General tab > choose Trackers box. Scroll down to the end of the list, and hit enter to leave a blank line. Now copy and paste the latest trackers into the box.
3. Adjust bandwidth settings by clicking Options > Bandwidth in utorrent.
- Limit the maximum upload rate to 10 or 15kbps and the maximum download speed to infinity.
- Set the global maximum number of connections to 500 and the maximum number of connected peers per torrent to 100.
- Set the maximum upload slots per torrent to 14. Hit Apply and click OK to save the settings.
4. Now select Options > Preferences. Choose Connection and check the box to Enable UPnP port mapping.
5. Go to Options > Preferences and set your maximum number of active downloads to 1. Click Apply and hit OK to save the settings.
7. Right-click on the torrent and choose Bandwidth Allocation. Set it to 'high' to prioritise the torrent file and push the speed limits of your connection.
8. Finally, if your ISP is throttling your connection speeds, here is what you should do:
- Enable the option "Forced" under Protocol Encryption via Options > Preferences > BitTorrent settings. Also, enable the legacy mode for incoming connections.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:45 PM IST