Twitter to remove most dangerous tweets on 5G-coronavirus theory
Twitter has said that it will remove misleading tweets about 5G conspiracy theories. On Wednesday, it said that it will remove any tweet that would incite people to engage in harmful activities
Panic was created among people after information spread that “5G is causing the coronavirus”, and posts surrounding it went viral on social media. Now, Twitter has come forward to bash fake news on the spread of coronavirus.
The company, on Wednesday, said it would remove the most dangerous 5G-coronavirus tweets.
Twitter took the extreme step after over 50 cell towers in UK were vandalized with the major telecom companies blaming the attacks on the rise of 5G-coronavirus claims.
Vodafone CEO Nick Jeffrey wrote last week," It is deeply disappointing to learn that arsonists are still attacking our mobile phone masts — that’s 20 so far.”
Facebook and Youtube were also forced to remove content that groundlessly connects 5G cellular networks for creating COVID-19. But Twitter had refrained from stamping out all 5G-coronavirus conspiracy theories circulating over the platform.
“We have broadened our guidance on unverified claims that incite people to engage in harmful activity, could lead to the destruction or damage of critical 5G infrastructure, or could lead to widespread panic, social unrest, or large-scale disorder,” the company explained.