'2004-14 was full of scams, 2030 will be known as India's decade & more': Top quotes from PM Modi's speech
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday launched scathing attacks on the grand-old-party. He claimed that from 2004 to 2014, the former UPA government's trademark was to allow every opportunity develop into a catastrophe. Check out the top quotes from PM Modi's speech in Lok Sabha.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday launched scathing attacks on the grand-old-party. The opposition politicians shouted "Adani, Adani" when the prime minister attacked Congress, and some of them even left the floor during the speech.
PM Modi hit out at the Opposition, saying world was seeing its prosperity in India’s growth story but a few were not ready to accept the achievements of the nation. Additionally, he claimed that from 2004 to 2014, the former UPA government's trademark was to allow every opportunity develop into a catastrophe. Modi made his comments in response to the discussion around the Motion of Thanks for the President's Address.
Here are the top quotes from PM Modi's speech:
- The President, according to PM Modi, has increased the "pride of the tribal people." "Now that the indigenous community has had several years of freedom, they are more proud and self-assured. She has earned the gratitude of this country and the House," he declared.
Also read: PM Modi wears blue jacket in Parliament, Know why its special
- Modi added that it is a source of pride that, despite the globe experiencing economic hardship and conflict, India's economy grew to become the fifth biggest in the world. He stated, setting off an outcry from the Opposition, "We are glad that we will be hosting the G20 but there are some individuals who are upset about this." According to Modi, there is optimism, hope, and confidence about India around the world. Modi said that after two-three decades of instability, a decisive government has brought political stability in the country.
- Attacking the opposition, Modi claimed that from 2004 to 2014, the UPA's trademark was to allow every opportunity turn into a catastrophe. "The years 2004–2014 were marked by fraud and bloodshed. Inflation reached double digits throughout the UPA government's ten years in office. The years 2004–14 were a lost decade, however this decade will be remembered as India's decade. Not only Harvard, but all major colleges will research the collapse of Congress," he said.
- The Opposition's attacks on the Army and investigative agencies were criticised by Modi. "They criticise the military when it displays bravery. Probe agencies are attacked if they take action to combat corruption. All opposition parties have converged on a single platform thanks to the Enforcement Directorate," he said.
Also Read | 'Crores of citizens will shield me against Oppn's lies': PM Modi during Motion of Thanks to President
- Without mentioning Rahul Gandhi by name, PM Modi claimed that some individuals had travelled to Jammu and Kashmir and had discovered that there were no obstacles in their way. He said that the Union Territory is at peace. The Prime Minister also related an incident in which he was threatened by terrorists while attempting to raise the national flag at Srinagar's Lal Chowk.
"Your abuses and allegations towards me will have to go through crores of citizens first. I have been working for the nation for 25 years, you can't breach this trust with your lies," PM Modi said.