Coronavirus: Here are AYUSH ministry's guidelines which PM Modi asked everyone to follow
Here are the guidelines issued by the AYUSH ministry for preventive health measures and boosting immunity during the coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis. Today (April 14), PM Narendra Modi asked everyone to follow AYUSH ministry's guidelines
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday (April 14) requested people to follow AYUSH ministry’s guidelines to boost immunity in the fight against the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
In his address to the nation, PM Modi announced the extension of the current lockdown until May 3. As part of his seven-point appeal to Indians, Modi asked them to follow AYUSH ministry’s guidelines.
Also read: PM Modi's 7 stepts to fight coronavirus
So, what are those guidelines issued by the AYUSH ministry. Here they are.
Under the title, “Ayurveda’s immunity boosting measures for self care during COVID 19 crisis”, here is what the AYUSH Ministry stated.
Also read: 70 coronavirus vaccines under development
“Ministry of AYUSH recommends the following self-care guidelines for preventive health measures and boosting immunity with special reference to respiratory health. These are supported by Ayurvedic literature and scientific publications,” it said.
1. Drink warm water throughout the day
2. Daily practice of Yogasana, Pranayama and meditation for at least 30 minutes as advised by Ministry of AYUSH (#YOGAatHome #StayHome #StaySafe)
3. Spices like Haldi (Turmeric), Jeera (Cumin), Dhaniya (Coriander) and Lahsun (Garlic) are recommended in cooking
Ayurvedic Immunity Promoting Measures
1. Take Chyavanprash 10gm (1tsf) in the morning. Diabetics should take sugar free Chyavanprash
2. Drink herbal tea / decoction (Kadha) made from Tulsi (Basil), Dalchini (Cinnamon), Kalimirch (Black pepper), Shunthi (Dry Ginger) and Munakka (Raisin) - once or twice a day. Add jaggery (natural sugar) and / or fresh lemon juice to your taste, if needed
3. Golden Milk- Half tea spoon Haldi (turmeric) powder in 150 ml hot milk - once or twice a day
Simple Ayurvedic Procedures
1. Nasal application - Apply sesame oil / coconut oil or Ghee in both the nostrils (Pratimarsh Nasya) in morning and evening
2. Oil pulling therapy- Take 1 table spoon sesame or coconut oil in mouth. Do not drink, Swish in the mouth for 2 to 3 minutes and spit it off followed by warm water rinse. This can be done once or twice a day
During dry cough/sore throat
1. Steam inhalation with fresh Pudina (Mint) leaves or Ajwain (Caraway seeds) can be practiced once in a day
2. Lavang (Clove) powder mixed with natural sugar / honey can be taken 2-3 times a day in case of cough or throat irritation
3. These measures generally treat normal dry cough and sore throat. However, it is best to consult doctors if these symptoms persist.
“The above measures can be followed to the extent possible as per an individual’s convenience," the ministry said.