
Kolkata: 55-year-old man, who has tested positive for novel coronavirus, died at a hospital in Kolkata today. The victim had returned from Italy recently along with his family. His son is still there.
This incident marks the eighth coronavirus death in India and the first COVID-19 death in West Bengal.
The man was declared positive last week by AMRI Hospital authorities. He was undergoing treatment since then. The victim had also been suffering from heart ailments.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in the country rose to 415 on Monday after 30 fresh cases were reported, the Union health ministry said. West Bengal has so far recorded seven confirmed cases.
Gujarat, Bihar and Maharashtra reported a death each on Sunday, while four fatalities were reported earlier from Karnataka, Delhi, Maharashtra and Punjab, the ministry said.
Stay updated with the Breaking News Today and Latest News from across India and around the world. Get real-time updates, in-depth analysis, and comprehensive coverage of India News, World News, Indian Defence News, Kerala News, and Karnataka News. From politics to current affairs, follow every major story as it unfolds. IMD cities weather forecastsRain Cyclone Asianet News Official App