Barry Manilow postpones 2026 tour to recover from lung surgery

Published : Feb 21, 2026, 10:00 PM IST
Barry Manilow (Photo source: Instagram/ @barrymanilowofficial)

Synopsis

Barry Manilow, 82, has postponed his 2026 arena tour dates from Feb 27 to Mar 17 on medical advice. He is recovering from lung surgery for stage one cancer and his doctor advised his lungs are 'not ready yet' for a full performance.

Tour Postponed on Medical Advice

Legendary singer-songwriter Barry Manilow has postponed the opening leg of his 2026 arena tour as he continues to recover from lung surgery following a cancer diagnosis, according to People. The 82-year-old Grammy winner took to Instagram to inform fans that all shows scheduled between February 27 and March 17 have been rescheduled on medical advice.

Manilow revealed that he recently returned from what he described as a "very depressing visit" to his surgeon, who advised him against resuming full-length performances at this stage of recovery, as per the outlet. According to Manilow, his doctor told him he would not be able to complete a 90-minute arena show as his lungs are "not ready yet."

Despite maintaining a rigorous rehabilitation routine, including working out on a treadmill three times a day, the singer admitted he is still unable to sing more than three songs consecutively. "Deep down, I wanted to go back -- but my body knew what my heart didn't want to admit: I wasn't ready," Manilow shared in his post, expressing disappointment over the delay, according to People.

Recovery Follows Early Cancer Detection

The development comes after Manilow underwent treatment in December to remove a cancerous spot on his left lung. At the time, he confirmed that the cancer was detected at stage one and credited his doctors for identifying it early through proactive testing.

Although the first 13 arena shows have been postponed, Manilow said his doctor indicated he could "likely" resume performances for his scheduled Las Vegas shows on March 26, 27, 28 and April 2, 3, 4, according to People. This marks the second postponement this month for the veteran performer. Earlier, he had rescheduled his February 12 to February 21 residency at Westgate Las Vegas to prioritise his health.

Manilow's Message to Fans

In previous statements, Manilow said he was feeling "great" and had no symptoms, adding that he remains strong and retains both his voice and energy. He assured fans that he would return to the stage once fully recovered, according to People.

"The doctor said that my body had been through hell and that it needed time to heal. So, I'm going back to healing," he wrote, thanking fans for their continued support, according to People. (ANI)

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Asianet Newsable English staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)

PREV

Catch all the latest Entertainment News from movies, OTT Release updates, television highlights, and celebrity gossip to exclusive interviews and detailed Movie Reviews. Stay updated with trending stories, viral moments, and Bigg Boss highlights, along with the latest Box Office Collection reports. Download the Asianet News Official App from the Android Play Store and iPhone App Store for nonstop entertainment buzz anytime, anywhere.

Recommended Stories

Anna Sawai on playing Yoko Ono in Beatles biopics, telling her story
'Four Minus Three' wins Best European Film at Berlinale's Panorama