Sankranti mishap in Karnataka: Boy sustains third-degree burns as flames engulf him
16, Jan 2020, 7:31 PM IST
The festive celebration during Sankranti turned tragic after a young boy was engulfed by the flames while setting the stack of hay on fire. In the rural parts of Karnataka, like Mandya, it's tradition to let an ox run over the flames.
The incident happened on Wednesday in Mandya, 100 km from Bengaluru. The injured is identified as Ravi, who is said to be critical and is admitted at VIMS hospital in Mandya.
The boy has suffered severe burn injuries.