Malayalam actress Manju Warrier can teach you about dealing with your ex
First Published 11, May 2020, 6:40 PM
Here are five lessons we can learn from Mollywood's own Manju Warrier on handling life after divorce while reigning as a Malayalam superstar
Manju Warrier has seen many ups and downs in her past from quitting her successful career for marriage to divorce after 14 long years.
Manju has also shown us that divorce is not the end of life and one should live for herself.
Here are five lessons we can learn from Mollywood's own Manju Warrier handling life after divorce while reigning as a Malayalee superstar:
1. Silence is the best weapon: Manju Warrier never came out in public or media to express her feelings about her former husband Dileep's wedding with another actress - Kavya Madhavan. Throughout this, she was quiet and maintained a dignified silence and chose not to comment about her ex’s love life or go to press airing their dirty laundry. But she chose to speak when needed and where needed. She is named as the second witness in the conspiracy case in which Dileep was arrested.
2. Take charge of your life confidently: Now when the person is gone from your life for good, learn to accept it and move on confidently. In Manju's case, when she got married to Dileep, she was one of the top actresses in Mollywood and post her wedding she left the film industry to take care of the house. However, after her divorce in 2015, she came back to showbiz with a bang and worked in many blockbusters. She made a comeback to cinema after a 14-year sabbatical with the critically-acclaimed and commercially successful film How Old Are You (2014), which fetched her many accolades notably her fifth Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Malayalam. She won many awards recently for her performances in Karinkunnam 6S and Vettah. Manju is now considered one of the best-spoken and respected actresses in South India. Her opinions at the India Today South Conclave too was well noticed.
3. Do not be shy of meeting or dealing with your ex: Yes, this is an important point, one should not shy away from your exes. Your partner leaving you for someone else is one of the most heartbreaking episodes in one’s life but showing them that it didn't change your life or affect your personality is how things are done. In many public events, Manju and Dileep came face to face and also sat close to each other, but there was no awkward moment between them.
4. Do not look back on your past: Yeah, one should not look back on the past relationships. However, you should take certain lessons from the past and leave the emotional baggage out. We all are emotional, and it is very hard to adjust to the change easily, but one should move forward and live life on their own terms. In Manju's case post her divorce with Dileep, she focused on her filmy career, and now she is climbing the success ladder. She is also part of a fraternity for women in Malayalam cinema, a first of its kind in the country called 'Women’s Collective in Cinema'. She is also busy with her stage performances as a dancer.
5. Behave maturely even when people speak ill about you: Women have to face many allegations in their lives. People will give you names and will defame you in public. But one should be mature enough to handle such situation and get over it. There will be a right time when you can keep quiet and watch your rival unfold. With Dileep’s subsequent marriage, fans were divided and many chose to call her names and abused her for being a bad mother to Meenakshi, but she took everything in her stride and focused on her job and life ahead. Her work silenced all her critics.