Virat Kohli earned this much on Instagram during lockdown; meet world's top-10 highest-earning athletes
First Published 5, Jun 2020, 2:07 PM
Bengaluru: During the coronavirus lockdown, India cricket team captain Virat Kohli has made it to the world top-10 earners via Instagram among athletes. The list is headed by footballer Cristiano Ronaldo. Kohli is the lone Indian and only cricketer in the top-earning athletes list with sponsored posts on Instagram. This list was unveiled by Attain (weattain.co.uk). How much did Kohli earn between March 12 and May 14? Find out here.
1. Cristiano Ronaldo (football) (1.8 million pounds). Earnings per post: £470,584
2. Lionel Messi (football) (1.2 million pounds). Earnings per post: £324,843
3. Neymar (football) (1.1 million pounds). Earnings per post: £298,053
4. Shaq O'Neill (basketball) (5.84 lakh pounds). Earnings per post: £36,477
5. David Beckham (football) (4.05 lakh pounds). Earnings per post: £135,120
6. Virat Kohli (cricket) (3.79 lakh pounds). Kohli earned 1,26,431 pounds ($ 1,56,088) (Rs 1.2 crore-plus) per post. Total 3,79,294 pounds (Rs 3.6 crore-plus) during the coronavirus lockdown period (March 12 to May 14). Kohli has 62.1 million followers on Instagram. He shared 3 sponsored posts during this period.
Exchange rate (June 5) 1 pound = Rs 95.68
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (football) (1.8 lakh pounds). Earnings per post: £92,206
8. Dwayne Wade (basketball) (1.4 lakh pounds). Earnings per post: £35,787
9. Dani Alves (football) (1.3 lakh pounds). Earnings per post: £66,847
10. Anthony Joshua (boxing) (1.2 lakh pounds). Earnings per post: £24,300
Here is the full list in one graphic. This infographic was shared by Attain.