- In Baahubali 2, Rajamouli leads the audience to the top of the Mt Everest with lots of expectations but then suddenly pushes you from there.
- Baahubali (Prabhas) and Devasena (Anushka Shetty)'s love story was the main highlight of the film.
- If you are a health freak, Rana and Prabhas will now give you new fitness goals.
Since the last two years, we've all been waiting to find out 'why Kattappa killed Baahubali?' and now the answer is finally out. Of course, we won't reveal it here as we don't want to spoil the experience for you.
The first half of Baahubali 2 gives you the flashback and shows the lives of the main characters played by Prabhas, Anushka Shetty, Rana Daggubati, Ramya Krishna and Sathyaraj. Some parts are filled with humour, romance, action and drama which will leave you with laughter, excitement, thrills and anger, while some parts of the story will leave you teary-eyed.
About the movie
The film is over the top, larger than life and lags in parts. Sometimes you wonder if SS Rajamouli should have been stricter at the editing table. Some audiences might be disappointed with the way the director answered why Kattappa killed Baahubali? It might not meet the expectations of several moviegoers, but it goes well with the overall story. But once the answer is revealed, the movie becomes predictable. In Baahubali 2, Rajamouli leads the audience to the top of the Mt Everest with lots of expectations but then suddenly pushes you from there.
The highlights of the movie:
1) Baahubali (Prabhas) and Devasena (Anushka Shetty)'s love story was the main highlight of the film. Most of the movie is about their crackling chemistry. Anushka and Prabhas's fight scenes are a feast to the eye.
2) Anushka Shetty, the queen of hearts, has just mesmerised us with her dialogue delivery and screen presence. In the movie she fought like a true warrior princess with a sword, bow and arrow. All of it reminds one of her previous roles in Rudhramadevi, Arundhati, to name a few. Before the movie was released, a lot was said about Anushka’s weight, but the actress carried herself with grace and perfection. From traditional costumes to her mature look, she carried it all with an elan.
3) If you are a health freak, Rana and Prabhas will now give you new fitness goals.
4) The costume and the gold jewellery which was worn by the characters have shown the South Indian culture and traditions. The two costume designers - Rama Rajamouli, wife of SS Rajamouli and Prashanti Tipirneni - have done an in-depth research on their subject. And, we can see the result in the movie. The actresses' costumes in the movie will give you some similarities with the paintings of Artist Raja Ravi Varma.
5) Baahubali 2 is one film which leaves you speechless with the heroic fights and the lavish war scenes. This Rajamouli movie showcases some never before scenes in Indian film history. We are sure, this film will be remembered, spoken and studied about for years to come and break every possible record in the country.
6) Prabhas turns engineer in the movie. From designing dams to making machines that break big stones and even help women to carry water, he knows it all. A proud graduate of Mahishmati Institute of Technology.
A few disappointments:
1) Kattappa (Sathyaraj's) overacting and too hard an attempt at being funny is disappointing. From Amarendra Baahubali's childhood to Mahendra Baahubali's youth, Kattappa carried the same energy and strength to fight like a warrior. In the movie, many a time Amarendra call him '60 saal ka Bubbha'...whatever it's a movie. Keep your brain back home when you plan to watch this film. And forget the math!
2) When you compare the movie with the first one, Baahubali 2's special effects will be a big let-down of sure. The fight or action sequences will give you a feeling that you are watching a Rohit Shetty's movie like Golmaal (cars and people flyings) or Singham and the much-hyped climax will make you laugh.
3) The movie has five songs. The first song is sung by Punjabi pop singer Daler Mehndi, which is a big mismatch. The rest of the songs are ok.
4) Tamannaah is hardly seen in the film, and only appears during the climax. What a waste of a talent.
5) The movie is too long, total Bollywood masala movie which has love, comedy, drama, and dishoom dishoom. Dreamy songs flying horses, ship, etc. It is still an understatement to say that the director has chosen gloss over content, which fails to hold the interest of the audience for long. The second part, where Mahendra Baahubali has the face-off with Bhalla Deva (Rana Daggubati) looks a bit rushed upon as things happen way too quickly.
The movie is a real jaw-dropper (In a positive and negative sense both) and makes this film a never before experience for every movie lover in India. It's a one time watch. If you are a Game of Thrones fan you might like it, so go for it.
So take your entire family and friends to watch this magnum opus called Baahubali 2 because wonders like these are quite rare in Indian cinema.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:58 PM IST